The Lighthouse is an office and administration building in the Düsseldorf Derrendorf district. Architect Thomas Pink from the “Petzinka Pink Architects” office used light as a brand-forming design element when designing the architecture. The narrow LED light strips attached to the facade of the new building trace the architecture. Each of the seven floors of the U-shaped building is highlighted in such a way that the structure of the architecture can also be seen in the dark.
The luminosity of the light strips, light scenes and color variations can be individually adjusted. The automatic call-up of pre-programmed lighting scenarios is controlled via calendar functions (sunrise and sunset). The instalight 4010 light lines - a total of 1430 meters - are equipped with 89145 LEDs in 4523 individually controllable LED modules. 55 control devices with 13569 control channels ensure that the signals sent by the instalight CONTROL control system can be transmitted to the entire installation at a speed of up to 1 Gbit/s. With its innovatively illuminated facade, the Lighthouse is a pioneer for the urban changes in the north of Düsseldorf.